The 1754 Society
An Invitation to Join the 1754 Society
Once you complete your estate plan, please let us know. Columbia would like to thank you for your generosity by including you in the 1754 Society, our honorary society for alumni and friends of Columbia who have made future plans for the University through trust, estate, or other future gifts. Named for the year in which King’s College was established, the Society recognizes the vital role benefactors have played over the centuries in Columbia’s emergence as a preeminent educational institution and the role they play today in ensuring its continued preeminence. Your membership involves no dues, obligations, or solicitations, but it does allow us to thank you and recognize you for the plans you have made, and it may inspire generosity in others.
Columbia welcomes you to the 1754 Society if you have:
- Inform us that you have included Columbia in your will, living trust or charitable remainder trust, or other estate plan.
- Share with us that you have created a beneficiary designation for Columbia with your retirement plan, life insurance policy, bank or brokerage account, donor advised fund, or other financial plan.
- Establish a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT) at Columbia.
- Tell us that you have created a CGA or CRT at another organization and designate a portion of the residuum or remainder to benefit Columbia.
- Designate Columbia as a recipient of a lead interest in your charitable lead trust, and tell us you did so.
Become a Member
Please complete the member profile form or contact the Office of Gift Planning at email@example.com or 800-338-3294 to let us know you have made future plans for Columbia. We will send you your membership acknowledgement and welcome letter. The specifics of your arrangements for the University will remain confidential.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.