Gifts of Appreciated Securities
How It Works
- You send unendorsed stock certificates by registered mail or instruct your broker to make the transfer from your account to our account
- You receive an income-tax deduction
- Columbia may keep or sell the securities
- You receive a federal income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the securities
- You avoid long-term capital-gain tax on any appreciation in the value of the stock
- Your gift will support Columbia as you designate
- By donating securities to fund a charitable remainder unitrust or charitable gift annuity, you can receive income for life, save on taxes, and help future Columbians.
Special note: You should call or e-mail us to tell us of your intent, and we will be able to assist you with the details of the transfer. Visit our Gifts of Securities page for additional information.
REQUEST AN eBROCHURE
WHICH GIFT IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Office of Gift Planning
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.